standard modelling excersise. Updated X2

Show us your Curvy art here
donfelipe

Re: standard modelling excersise. Updated X2

Post by donfelipe »

mykyl wrote:Well I thought it was about time I tried to create a full creature top to bottom using standard box modelling techniques.

Its unfinished but it taught me a lot. Done in Truespace then rendered in Carrara. I need to sort out the fact that he is unbalanced... Tilts too far back. need to be leaning forward just a bit. Also bring his legs back a bit further.

840 polys without subdividing.

Cheers

Mike R

Would you have an easy tutorial for basics on box modeling with TrueSpace?
On the moose perhaps or just a leg or any parts of the body?
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

The leaves were done with Particle Illusion from Wondertouch.

I also use Carrara and as a renderer it is way better than Truesapce in my opinion.

What made it all finally click with me was the series of video tutorials for Gamespace done by the 3dBuzz folks.

http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/tutorial/video.asp

These videos made it so simple to gain an understanding of how and what to do. AFter watching them it just clicked in my head.

I have created a bear a penguin and am currently working on a child using box modelling techniques learned from these videos.

Hope that helps. I would be gald to answer any questions you may have that are within my power to answer.

The scenery I am creating still uses Curvy for trees and things so Curvy is still in use. ;)

Cheers

Mike R
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

I meant to add I do use Dogwaffle v2 and you just sparked an idea. lol. Cheers

Mike R
donfelipe

Post by donfelipe »

mykyl wrote:The leaves were done with Particle Illusion from Wondertouch.

I also use Carrara and as a renderer it is way better than Truesapce in my opinion.

What made it all finally click with me was the series of video tutorials for Gamespace done by the 3dBuzz folks.

http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/tutorial/video.asp

These videos made it so simple to gain an understanding of how and what to do. AFter watching them it just clicked in my head.

I have created a bear a penguin and am currently working on a child using box modelling techniques learned from these videos.

Hope that helps. I would be gald to answer any questions you may have that are within my power to answer.

The scenery I am creating still uses Curvy for trees and things so Curvy is still in use. ;)

Cheers

Mike R
Thanks for the tip, looks like what I need indeed.