Old Work

Show us your Curvy art here
Dan Silverman

Old Work

Post by Dan Silverman »

Since I started to visit here from time to time, I thought it might be interesting to post some of my old work from back in the "early" days of Curvy:

Unfortunately for Curvy, there are many applications on the market that have some level of 3D sculpting. Some are free and some are very expensive, but more and more are being released. Even so, there is one thing that Curvy excelled in (and still does to a degree) and that is the ability to quickly block out a shape via curves. My hat's off to Simon for that simple function.
Desktop Workstation
Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7GHz
128 GB RAM
RTX 3090 ti
Windows 11 64-Bit
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

I agree whole heartedly on that matter. There is still no application that allows the blocking out of shapes so quickly and easily. If Simon does create the ability to export quad based models then that might go partially down the road to help. Then its fairly easy to just stitch the parts together elsewhere. Unless Simon has some ideas on that matter. Maybe some perfect way to auto stitch parts together ready for exporting. Added bonus of ready made groups to perhaps split for uvmapping. ;)

Curvy could still have a place in many folks arsenals. Make it usable as something to add to a current pipeline easily and for a reasonable cost.

Even if all it did was just block out easy shapes ready stitched. That would be a massive time saver for many people. That I believe would be a seller for a while.

Cheers

Mike R
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

I agree as well. Great images by the way! Sorry would post more, but way to tired tonight lol.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
Vanrailey

Post by Vanrailey »

This is some pretty mind blowing stuff. :shock: