Curvy 2 - Dragon Antlers

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.
Simon
C.E.O.

Curvy 2 - Dragon Antlers

Post by Simon »

I used Curvy2's image inflate to make these antlers, then curved them a bit more them using the widget move tools.

Then I saved the screen as a TGA with an alpha channel so I could easily use the dragon as a layer in a paint program to add the background.

Here are some more angles.

And here is the image I inflated to make the antlers...

Also to note in this picture - the realtime bumpmaps have improved in Curvy2, giving a faster route to detailing than using massive poly counts (although that is still possible using Curvy displacement maps). All the small creases and wrinkles are done in the bumpmap here, while the larger shapes like the nose horns, lips and cheek are painted in the Curvy map.

Here is what the final dragon looks like without it's curvy/colour/bump maps!

Last edited by Simon on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigH
Curvy3D Professional

Post by bigH »

sweet work :)
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Any tutorials on using bump maps in Curvy?

Thanks
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Not yet, you can paint on the bumpmap like any other map and it will show up when the rendering mode is set to "best rendering"
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Very nice Simon. I simply can NOT wait till we can try this for ourselves! :) Your doing a fantastic job with Curvy 3D and with the coverage its had, your updates I'm sure are bound to have been read and kept an eye on. Looking forward to hearing more advances and updates.

Mr.Nemo
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.