Tool adjustment settings workflow improvement request

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.

Anyone agree?

yes
No votes
maybe
No votes
veto
No votes

Total votes: 0

The.Great.ESCape

Tool adjustment settings workflow improvement request

Post by The.Great.ESCape »

It would be nice if Curvy kept the last settings used (depth, bevel, radius etc.) for each type of object creation tool (line, lathe etc.), and allowed for numbered input as opposed to slider only to be able to keep the settings consistent between objects when desired. If you want to get fancy and avoid numbers, perhaps have a grab settings button or keyboard shortcut that would allow you to press it and then select an already drawn object of the same type to match the settings to the existing object automatically. These are relatively simple changes that would make the creation process more intuitive/easy to use, at least for me.

I know that you can create objects, then select multiples in the group panel and adjust them all at once to match that way, but it doesn't provide great visual feedback as to what it will look like when you are creating the objects in the first place. I prefer a real time WYSIWYG approach to art creation most of the time.

Just a thought after playing with it a while, and if I am missing something , please do let me know :)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

If you copy a primitive, say a cube, then use "Paste Properties" on another cube - the dimensions and other properties get copied across.

Also, right clicking on a dimension slider lets you type in a number value.

Something I have seen in other apps is a menu option "Set Current Properties as Default" that would initialise all new objects with default values with a clear choice of which objects to use as the default.