Will be able to use Curvy properly tomorrow.

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Will be able to use Curvy properly tomorrow.

Post by mykyl »

I am buying a small windows 8.1 tablet tomorrow with the nice benefit of being able to use curvy wherever I like. Cant wait. :)

Well at least i hope I will as there is no keyboard until I buy a bluetooth one. We shall see.

Mike
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

This might be very cool. Hope it works OK with the tablet.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Runs very smoothly on the tablet. Its a Toshiba Encore 8 Full windows 8.1 tablet with an 8 inch screen. Would work better with a mouse and keyboard due to the many shortcuts built in and menus. However for actual usage its brilliant.

Next time you are on skype I will send you a photo of it running on the tablet.

Mike
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Great news! That must be a high-tech tablet to manage the graphics.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Nope a £249 tablet. This one. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Encore- ... B00GNBAL36

Mike
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

That's cool, I see it runs DirectX11 and has a good screen resolution. All pretty amazing for a tablet.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Here I go. One thing I would love to see is a personal toolbar where I could put my own tools that I regularly use together in one place. (Keyboard shortcuts don't work so well on a tablet.) ;)

Perhaps multiple personal toolbars so I can have one for quick ideas with no detail. A second toolbar I would switch to for detailing etc.

SO basically everything else would not show up on screen and the buttons I want to use with a pen (or finger) apart from the one toolbar with the tools one click away from use. Not click and hold to open. Just there ready to click. (Perhaps a way to add some menu tools to the bar as well.)

I know its benefits are more for tablet use but I just thought I would put it out there.

Mike
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I share your interest in toolbar customization. I rotate between different menu commands in the tool properties panel, the best answer is probably a custom toolbar based on what activity you are working within.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Yup. That's exactly it. One extra thing would be to enable a way to resize that toolbar so that it was comfortable to use regardless of what resolution you were running at. Perhaps an easy hide and show button for lower resolution sculpting.

Mike
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I've already added a lot of padding to the toolbox icons - would be fairly easy to make this a fully custom value. Just need to find some time to try it out.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

No rush. I understand you are in the main doing other stuff now. Was just some thoughts after trying it out on a tablet machine.

Mike