Question about the Curvy3D Demo

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
ZackL

Question about the Curvy3D Demo

Post by ZackL »

What features am I missing in the demo? I am thinking about purchasing but am wondering what advantages I'll have for base mesh creation over things like shapeshop. Already purchasing Zbrush makes me wary of another purchase, but I will admit playing around in Curvy has already been more productive.

So I would just like to know what features the advanced version has over the demo. If this was mentioned somewhere already I apologize.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

The demo was updated recently to include all the features of the full version. However the trial period ends after 30 days and it will not save or export after that time.

Curvy offers a different workflow to make base meshes, using quickly drawn Curvy Lathes then merging the parts together. It works well alongside ZBrush as a basemesh tool.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

For more organic shapes I prefer to use curvy as a first step in almost all situations now.

I use it alongside zbrush and modo etc.

Mike
ZackL

Post by ZackL »

Thank you for the replies.

I have another question then, for people familiar with working with both Zbrush and Curvy3D. When I import my obj as a tool in to Zbrush, it will not let me reconstruct lower subdivision levels. I get "Mesh contains triangles." However, I heard somewhere that Curvy3D outputs objects in all quads.

Am I doing something wrong? I find lower res meshes better for manipulating proportions and would like to fix my base meshes further.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Some operations in Curvy will create triangles - and Lathe objects will have triangles at either end. If possible just use lower resolution objects in Curvy before exporting.