Bones in 3.0 version

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
mtakerkart

Bones in 3.0 version

Post by mtakerkart »

Hi Curvy Team ,

I'm very interesting with your product. Can we apply bones skeleton and
export the rig-model to another program to animate ?
I tried the trial version and it is a different interface than the bone 101 tutorial.I didn't find the bone icon...

Thank you for your answer

Marc
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Bones were taken out of the 3.0 version. They were hard to standardise ready to export to other programs.

It might be safest to export a regular mesh and then add bones in the program you aim to animate in.
Markku

Post by Markku »

Because Curvy doesn't (at least yet) have retopo tools, animation would be a bad idea. Joint deformation needs good edgeloops and they are not possible unless you have a way to convert lathes or sculpts (etc...) to correct topology.

However, as a animation character sketching tool, Curvy works very well. It is a fast way to have a good form for refining. Blender retopo toolset and add-on Contours is very good way to convert Curvy shape to animatable mesh.

On the other hand, if you only need posing, not animation, Curvy's masking tools can help there.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

i have always found fragmotion to be a good application for creating skeletons and animation
of curvy meshes.
with curvy3 we can now examine the mesh and repair it, relax it, reduce and refine, so it should be even easier to rig.
mtakerkart

Post by mtakerkart »

Ok , Thank you very much for your answer.

Marc