Confusion with old tutorial...

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
mtakerkart

Confusion with old tutorial...

Post by mtakerkart »

Hi Curvy Team ! Still interesting with your software but I'm confused with previous version tutorial because icons, tools has changed . For example
this tutorial :
http://www.screenr.com/eVp
shows that line tools have a second and third line sikness control but in the 3.0 version there is 2 sliders.... Can you list which tutorial are up to date ?

Thank you

best regards

Marc
mtakerkart

Post by mtakerkart »

Is there a shorcut for mesh reduce ?

Thank you
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

User Guide Tutorials for making Objects

Some videos of the Curvy 3D 3.0 features:
General Preview
Curve Editing Demo
Mesh Editing Examples
Sketching Basemesh Parts - a Curvy 3D 3.0 Workshop

If there are other topics you would like to see an updated tutorial on please let me know.

There isn't currently a shortcut for reduce - mainly as you have to pick how much to reduce by and that is easily done as a menu. Do you have an idea for how it would work as a shortcut?
mtakerkart

Post by mtakerkart »

Hi Simon , for your reduce polygon question , may be like the smooth shorcut , you choose a percent of reduction and each hit of the key reduce the polygon... (just a suggestion ;-). My pipeline is game engine, that's why
polygon number is important

I like your soft because I make organic things in minutes but I"m confuse with the philosophy because the tutorial are a bit too general... so I have no control of what I want to do ;-)

Can we resize the texture or tiling it to paint? and is there a format to export
the mesh with all images map (base, hightlight, bump)

Thank you very much

Marc
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Other software have "Repeat Last Command" which would work well with reduce, and also give you quick access to repeat any other menu command. Might try that. Otherwise might add a full keyboard shortcut customisation window so you can add whatever shortcuts you need.

You can't currently resize or move the UV coordinates - although it is high up my wishlist.

When you export to "OBJ" format the diffuse and specular maps are setup in a "MTL" file along side the OBJ, and the textures are saved as BMP along side the export. You will need to set the bumpmap back on manually in the destination software.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

I would really like to have the ability to set any shortcut i'd like. I believe that would greatly increase my workflow. If you have ever used Sculptris, their shortcut system is perfect in my opinion. I'm able to flow between brushes, intesity, and size without having to use my mouse. My wacom and keyboard is all I need. :-)
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.