Outlines only problem

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
Crono

Outlines only problem

Post by Crono »

Good evening,

First time user here, I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I use the "lathe" tool and draw out my shapes, all I see is a blue outline but no visible mesh.

Please help,

Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Hi Crono,
Sometimes this can happen if the graphics card does not fully support Curvy 3.0 - you can try some different graphics settings using the View Menu.

Try turning off:
1) "Use Pixel Shader 3.0"
2) "Render Shadows"
3) "Use Shaders"
in order and see if the lathe is rendered correctly again.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

This should be fixed in newer versions of Curvy - I've added another check to test for "Black Objects" and switch the "Use Shader 3" option automatically.
Crono

Post by Crono »

Thank you very much for the fast replay. I am very impressed with your costumer service.

Turning off the " Use Pixel Shader 3.0" option solved the problem.

I have a suggestion if you'll humor me.

I use Luxology's Modo for 3D content professionally, and I often wonder how well 3D modeling would work with mobile phones.

Upon using your software I believe this could work extremely well with wacom based mobile devices. I have the galaxy note III, and I believe that with its S-Pen functionality and power, that a "mobile" version of curvy3d would be an incredibly convenient and intuitive app for 3D artists.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Yes Curvy works well on wacom screens.

The trickier part is making all the menus and interface panels easily available to a finger/stylus... myself I'd be lost with out all the keyboard shortcuts and multiple mouse buttons.
dbacher

Post by dbacher »

For what it's worth, I have it installed on a Surface Pro, Curvy newly purchased a night or two ago (whenever it hit Daz new releases).

Not to do a full fledged review -- but it works great on the Surface Pro in landscape mode. Tap icons on the toolbar with my left hand, draw with the pen in my right, type cover is there if I need it.

I've not played with it enough, but in portrait mode the workspace gets scrunched a little, and the three vertical stripes (toolbar, viewport, properties) is really not the right thing. On the other hand, I don't use portrait mode often because it's usually sitting on its kick stand.

Note: that doesn't mean this'd work on iOS or Android as is, nor on Windows RT tablets in metro. There are different expectations there, and an app with just this many toolbar buttons and menu items would be eaten alive in the reviews, regardless of how well implemented it was.