Simple Human

Show us your Curvy art here
Vanrailey

Simple Human

Post by Vanrailey »

This is just a simple model that I did to test out a workflow. I will try to add an image daily, also hopefully making the models more complex as each one progress, along with adding variety (thus some non organic models).
Each modeling session I do I will sit down with a stop watch (not for speed modeling,... but just because some people may be curious... well I'm curious... :P ..) Plus, I tend to round up to the nearest 5 mins.
Also, all critiques are greatly appreciated.

PS... sorry for the first lathe model to be backwards.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

very impressive
you have a good eye for 3d form.
I am interested to why you need zbrush in the 3rd stage.
Maybe we could ask simon to make some changes so it could be done in curvy ?
Vanrailey

Post by Vanrailey »

Biggest reason I used zbrush in the 3rd step was basically because I'm used to Zbrush 3 functions and sculpting and such. Nothing too big as in this case. It truly wasn't neccessary since the model is a fairly low polycount. But typically I use Z3 for doing the fine detail with like a million+ polycount in some cases.
But just to say, if I tried to do the same type of model in Zbrush, it would have took me at least twice the time. Because the Zspheres can only do so much when trying to set a base mesh for modeling. Even now I typically run into alot of problems zspheres.
Although on that note, Curvy's mesh combining seems pretty solid, flexible, and fast. One of the biggest time consuming, irritable, things I didn't like to do in modeling was when I needed to combine meshes. I made several trial programs crash when I tried to boolean to many meshes together ( silo and lightwave). And a function in Zbrush 3 (unified skin) in most cases gave me a lot of grief when trying to make one continuious mesh (and I do mean a LOT). But Curvy truly sings in this notion.
Didn't mean for this to be a mouth-full but I'm still increasing my knowledge of Curvy 3D at the moment.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

Thanks for info
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

This is a great experiment with workflow - and I know you have only had the Curvy 2 Beta for a matter of hours!

The overall working timings are brilliant - and hopefully very tempting to other ZBrush users out there.

I look forward to seeing more :)