New colors UI and icons (For Curvy3D 3.0)

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
Kato

New colors UI and icons (For Curvy3D 3.0)

Post by Kato »

I just bought this cool 3d software this morning, and i have changed some colors in the UI for my needs.

Before extract my file, it's better to save your "GUI.BMP" in other location to go back with the default colors if you don't like my change. The "GUI.BMP" file is located in the main folder of Curvy.

You need to rename my file in "GUI.BMP" to see the change at the next start up of Curvy.

Here the preview:
Attachments
curvy_new_colors_UI.jpg
curvy_new_colors_UI.jpg (116.36 KiB) Viewed 32195 times
GUI.zip
(71.76 KiB) Downloaded 1084 times
Last edited by Kato on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: New colors for the UI

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the palette remix. I like the locked icons in particular.

For 4.0 I'm currently planning a double palette - one dark monochrome, and a lighter colourful one. Still a work in progress.
Kato

Post by Kato »

I made a new one with better colors code for all tools for eye catchy, this not the final version yet:
Attachments
GUI_V2.zip
(70.37 KiB) Downloaded 1047 times
curvy_new_colors_UI_V2.jpg
curvy_new_colors_UI_V2.jpg (203.71 KiB) Viewed 32186 times
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

There should be a tiny list of pixels in the corner of the GUI image that sets some other default colours around the UI. Should be possible to change the standard blue/grey panel colour if you wanted to as well.
Kato

Post by Kato »

Yes i have found the tiny colors for the text color, i need to test them, for the UI color maybe you can make a preset_UI_colors folder that call the GUI.BMP file or GUI2.BMP, GUI3.BMP following the colors set etc... at starting but need to be save in a user preference file. It's only a idea, you must be busy with the new version.

I have see the new features for the 4.0 version and there was awesome. There will be a "snap to grid" in Curvy ? and for the bevel it's will be cool to have a number enter with the slider like the resolution.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Yes, all work is going to new version now - which will hopefully include support for multiple GUI designs very simply.

4.0 also has more alignment and transform precision - easy type in values and such. I've not needed grid-snap myself, but it is certainly a possibility.

For exact bevel sizes right click on the slider to use a type-in box. Works on all the sliders :)
Kato

Post by Kato »

Thanks for the right click tip on sliders, i never do that, i need to read the manual more in depth, for the snap to grid its for specific design (like mechanical) maybe it's not suitable for curvy because curvy = freedom modeling with shapes.
Kato

Post by Kato »

Here the GUI V3 version, main change, the main UI color is in gray with some little changes for others colors.
Attachments
Curvy_GUI_V3.png
Curvy_GUI_V3.png (160.63 KiB) Viewed 32162 times
GUI_V3.zip
(70.22 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times
nirali31

Re: New colors for the UI (GUI V3)

Post by nirali31 »

Well thank you for the tip..!!!
Kato

Post by Kato »

Hi Simon thanks to send me the free 4.0 upgrade, i want you ask it is possible to change the icons colors in the UI, as i did with the Curvy 3.0 version, I need to edit the svg files in inkscape to add colors ?
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

You can either change CurvyIconsV2.svg in Inkscape (and re-export as Icons.png) or directly change Icons.png.
Kato

Post by Kato »

Thanks Simon, i already found the way with inkscape, for the moment i'm in the beginning of the process to add colors in the icons, i have see that Curvy 4.0 still use the GUI.BMP file from Curvy 3.0 for some icons.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I look forward to seeing the results :)
Kato

Re: New colors UI and icons (For Curvy3D 3.0)

Post by Kato »

I create a new topic for the new colors in Curvy3D 4.0: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3782