Better Project Management

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.
Simon
C.E.O.

Better Project Management

Post by Simon »

This starts with a hotkey to increment and save your project... "scene.cvy" -> "scene1.cvy" -> "scene2.cvy". Very convenient!
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Better Project Management

Post by Simon »

I've been working on some scenes with 100's of objects. Turns out it is very useful to select all the objects with a certain name, or similar names. So I've added some simple search features so you can do just that.

Once you have the objects selected you can edit their materials all at once, or group them, export them, whatever. This is particularly handy if you have lots of items that are themselves grouped - you would previously have to open all the groups & click on all the objects by hand.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Added a shortcut to simply duplicate an object on Ctrl+D, and already it is one of my most frequent actions.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

My next favorite shortcuts:

Ctrl+G to Group some objects.
Ctrl+F to paste a Material.

I find if there is a toolbar button I usually prefer to use that over a shortcut key (less to remember) but it I have to go all the way up to the main menu and search for a command it feels much slower.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Further improving group control with bounding boxes and group manipulator handles. It's getting easier to work with bigger scenes.

Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

While using Quad Views the top view would switch out to a texture view. I realised I was just switching it back all the time so I've removed this behaviour.

I've added a second "Perspective View" so you can use multiple viewports in free rotating perspective. This very handy for tricky rotations, you can move the extra view into place to do the transforms without upsetting your main Perspective view.