Robot Concept WIP - ME

Show us your Curvy art here
weswes

Robot Concept WIP - ME

Post by weswes »

Hey Friends this is a WIP Model for an indie game I am making. Curvy for sculpting and Howler for Post. Curvy makes this so much fun.

** the attachment was too large to add as a file. Below is a public google photo link!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rC5gCtTCDePis6TD9
Last edited by weswes on Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Robot Concept WIP - ME

Post by Simon »

The hosted image won't show for me. You can attach files to the forum post instead. Thanks,
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

cool robot 8)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Wow, I wouldn't have thought Curvy looking at all those precise cut robot parts - looks great!
weswes

Post by weswes »

This is still pretty early on in the modeling stage but I'm excited for the outcome because of how Easy it was to do so far. Curvy seems to me ideal to do anime style mechs.

Every line in the picture below is slightly curved because It is hand drawn. There are virtually no cuts in the Gundam, just shapes added upon each other (to simplify 2d animation I'm sure). The process is super duper simple to sculpt and then all I had to do was flatten the lights a bit.

I would be happy to make a tutorial if you would like. I could start with an actual Gundam instead of one of my less interesting concepts.

sculptor

Post by sculptor »

i think it's always great to see different styles of modelling in curvy.
so i for one would appreciate seeing a tutorial. :D
weswes

Post by weswes »

Sculptor,

For sure I will make a quick tutorial. I did a new mech head which is in the link above. I think I will go through that. It is mostly a series of lathes, lofts, and gradient masks that are transformed. its crazy easy.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Love the new head. Looks like you have a natural talent for working with primitives to make much more complex looking forms.
weswes

Post by weswes »

Simon wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:06 pm Love the new head. Looks like you have a natural talent for working with primitives to make much more complex looking forms.
Thank you for the kind compliment. It is an honor.