Metamerge

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.
Simon
C.E.O.

Metamerge

Post by Simon »

I'm updating Merge in 5 to support realtime Voxel Merge like Metaballs.

In addition you can stack multiple objects together and mix Union, Difference and Intersection meshes together.

If you use Curvy's Curve based objects or Primitives instead of plain meshes all the Curves and parmeters like depth or radius stay live and editable while the Metamesh updates.

Another improvement over Voxel Merge is automatic quality refinement - so you start with a lo-res version and once you are done editing it will increase the resolution and automatically refine and relax the surface to make it smooth for sculpting on - all without freezing up Curvy, so you can continue editing other things while Curvy is perfecting the Metamesh.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Metamerge

Post by Simon »

This is working with live Metamesh surfaces now (First anim on Patreon). You can also add automatic smooth and subdivide to the surface so it is ready to sculpt on when you are finished with the Metamesh.

I'm working on improving the behaviour of the Merge where two parts of the mesh are close together (like fingers) and speeding up the Merge process even more so it will work smoothly on more complicated setups.

I think it should also work with Mesh/Weld with live edits - although there are a few bugs I need to fix there.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Metamerge

Post by Simon »

Simple toon character Video

The objects are simple Curvy Objects with editable curves and shapes as usual - you can edit Curves with the live Metamerge preview.