New Curvy Paint Tools

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.
Simon
C.E.O.

New Curvy Paint Tools

Post by Simon »

I have been tweaking the performance of model mesh sculpting/painting and added some of the tools suggested by Vanrailey.

Weird Test Model :?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNvue0lQi0

Normal Test Model :)

Here we have add/sub, noise, pinch, flatten(local normal), smooth(works properly this time), and inflate/deflate tools.

Stay tuned for a usable beta ;)
Last edited by Simon on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Neato! It's going to get compared to other apps once you bring in such elements. BUT, that's what sets Curvy apart from the others. They lack alot of things that Curvy can do. By the way, that was a weird test model but did accurately show you what you can achieve now. I can't wait to test it out. Plus! I'm getting a Wacom Tablet soon so that will help tremendously. [/quote]
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
Vanrailey

Post by Vanrailey »

Ooohhhh... man. You can't see it from such great distance. But right now I'm bowing down to the monitor :lol:. This looks quite exciting. Simple interface, fast start up base model, on top of sculpting functions. Gosh I need to get a lot more base models ready. Nice job Simon!!!
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Once we have a chance to try this out I am sure there is plenty that can be done to improve the workflow with these tools + add some more from the wishlist.

Currently it is suitable for about 100,000 triangles rather than the massive 10 Million poly models other apps do. Best get the toolset and workflow working well before I fiddle around with optimisations.
Vanrailey

Post by Vanrailey »

I was wondering, while I was watching the video, it just didn't quite seem like the Uv Front/Back.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Some pretty neat stuff Simon. Have you moved to opengl yet? ;)

Cheers

Mike R
Vanrailey

Post by Vanrailey »

Simon wrote:Once we have a chance to try this out I am sure there is plenty that can be done to improve the workflow with these tools + add some more from the wishlist.

Currently it is suitable for about 100,000 triangles rather than the massive 10 Million poly models other apps do. Best get the toolset and workflow working well before I fiddle around with optimisations.
Awww after realizing what you did with that S-Merge trick, that should work out nicely. In fact I would find it more efficient than subdividing.