Mesh Wrap

Discussion and updates on Curvy 3D Beta development.
Simon
C.E.O.

Mesh Wrap

Post by Simon »

In 4.1 you can fit a mesh over the surface of a Curvy Prim (Lathe/Loft/Line). I've adapted this to work on any kind of mesh, and improved the function so you can fit multiple meshes over the surface of another, with live editing of both the destination mesh and the wrapped meshes. This is great for detailing complex organic shapes.

weswes

Re: Mesh Wrap

Post by weswes »

oooh i gotta try that
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

It is really good at multiple object wrapping at once. I've been using it to add Celtic Knot designs to armor. It's helpful to be able to alter the design and the armor shape independantly.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Some more examples of Mesh Wrap in action. This time to wrap celtic knots over armour, and scale mail onto a figure. It works much like a texture map, using the objects existing UVs.

All the parts were modelled flat, then wrapped over simple shapes to make each piece of the armour. The knots themselves are imported SVGs from Knotter

The best bit is you can model with lots of objects and parts at once, and see the result update on the wrapped model as you go. This makes it much easier to tweak and improve your design.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

i can't seem to get to grips with how to use this feature.

is there a vid , tutorial or guide someone can point me to :?:

cheers
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14u_CkrXJKE

There is a video for 4.1

That said - after making that model I've added loads of improvements to the mesh wrapping system making it much easier to use, so maybe wait till the next beta and I'll make an updated video of how to use it.
weswes

Post by weswes »

it looks so good. i can't wait till the next beta