Curvy3D 4 Text size

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
kenmojr

Curvy3D 4 Text size

Post by kenmojr »

I've downloaded the demo of version 4 as I wanted to try ver 4 before taking advantage of your incredibly generous upgrade offer.
One thing I've noticed that really bothers me is the very small size of the text in the drop down menus. In version 3 they are fine.

I currently run my monitor in 2560 x 1440 resolution as I mostly do photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop and this is ideal for that task.
It is also perfect for the other digital apps I use - Corel Painter 2019, ArtRage 5, e-onsoftware's Vue Creator, 3D Coat 4.9, Hexagon 3D, MOI 3D ver 3, Silo 3D 2.5 & DazStudio.

In Lightroom and Photoshop I had an similar issue. I tried changing the text size in Windows 10 settings but that made the text fine for LR & PS but too large for Windows 10 operating system.
And was not suitable for my other apps.

And found out via Adobe forum there is a setting in LR and PS preferences to enable large text. This allows me to remain in 1560 x1440.

I also tried reducing the Windows resolution down while using Curvy3D. However I have my monitor color calibrated for photo editing as I sell stock images (Getty, Adobe, Shutterstock). When I change the resolution, I loose my monitor's color calibration. Even when I reset it back to 2560x1440.

Again the text size in Curvy3D ver 3 is fine. Curvy 4D is way too small for me. I am 65 years old wearing bifocals.

I've included a screen capture of both ver 3 & 4.

Cheers & many thanks

Ken
Attachments
Curvy3D.JPG
Curvy3D.JPG (122.59 KiB) Viewed 16373 times
Curvy3D4.JPG
Curvy3D4.JPG (167.63 KiB) Viewed 16375 times
Last edited by kenmojr on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Curvy3D 4 Text size

Post by Simon »

Thanks for noticing that. I've begun adding scaling options that could fix this.

You can access the scaling controls using "View/Panels/Debug" which opens a control panel on the right and two sliders at the bottom of the panel for text and icon sizes.

I could add a seperate font size for menus too.
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Many thanks. That does resolve the issue... :D :D :D :D
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I've boosted the default size in the next build.

Also on large monitors the icons and text will display larger:

http://www.curvy3d.com/ng54ssl23/Curvy3 ... _Setup.exe
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Yes, I just purchased and installed this build. It's exactly what a 65 year old, bifocal wearing retiree needs.... :D :D :D