Quad Window Planes in Viewport

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
kenmojr

Quad Window Planes in Viewport

Post by kenmojr »

Thanks very much for the recent youtube videos. I often found Curvy3D to be quite confusing and awkward compared to the other modeling tools I use ie: 3DCoat, MOI3D, Hexagon 3D, Silo 3D & Blender. I really wanted to use Curvy but often abandoned it as I got frustrated. Your videos have greatly helped. I hope you upload more.

I would like to see tutorials on using Curvy for hard surface modeling ie: cars, vehicles, space ships, etc.

in your tutorials you suggest that one use the quad views - perspective, front, side & top views. However when I do this nothing is displayed on the screen which view port the window is using requiring the user to remember which view port is top, perspective, side, front, I find this quite annoying.

in most 3D apps I use a TOP or FRONT or PERSPECTIVE, etc is displayed. Why did you not include this? OR is there a way to enable it?

Cheers & keep up the excellent work.

kenmo
kenmojr

Re: Quad Window Planes in Viewport

Post by kenmojr »

PS: I just fired up Curvy ver 3 and it does have the view port displayed. Why was it left off of ver 4? Seems like a step backwards.
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Can anyone answer this question?
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Sorry. But I did not think my question was so difficult or unreasonable to be so completely neglected by users of this forum.

I guess the Cury3D crowd are not as friendly as most other art forums I frequent.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

The lack of viewport names was a bug in 4.0 that is being fixed in 4.0.18 and there will be names in the top left again soon.

I'm working on a sci-fi vehicle design at the moment that may spin off some tutorials.

Sorry for the delay in getting an answer out - it has been quiet on the forum so I've not been checking in every day.
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Simon - Thanks very much for the response. Glad to hear that the issue will be resolved with an update. Look forward to your sci-fi vehicle and hopefully a tutorial.

Cheers & many thanks.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Recording a tutorial for hard edge now with this model:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3769
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Sci-fi Vehicle modelled in Curvy, rendered in Blender.
Video Tutorial
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Will check out the tutorial. Model looks cool... thanks...
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

I noticed in your youtube video the viewports where correctly labled with TOP, LEFT, etc. Yet you said it was a bug. Why is it being displayed in your videos?

I find without the viewports being properly labeled Curvy3D is completely useless to me and IMHO should never have been released to the public with this bug.

Hoping it gets fixed soon. Until then Curvy3D will remain on my digital bookshelf as I simply do not need the frustration of trying to figure what viewport is which.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Viewport names are fixed in 4.0.19
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Thanks. I'll download it and take a look.