Commander Zod

Show us your Curvy art here
Doggie

Commander Zod

Post by Doggie »

An improvement(maybe) on "Spacey".
I'm finding it easier to make lathes when I start on a side view and draw the wanted shape as purposefully as possible.
I might mention that the head was made in a program called "Sculptris".
I've not been able to get the same kind of results in Curvy. The warp tools and curvy brush seems to "jaggie" and tear way too much. In the mean time I can add parts from other programs for what I'm not able to do successfully in Curvy. Curvy is head(no pun)and shoulders over the other though in manipulating the final product and piecing it all together,texturing etc.

The commander needs accessorizing...;)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Nice use of textures on this one - and a cool head import too :) The side view technique is handy, I usually have to smooth and tweak my curves with the widget move tool to get the shape I was aiming at. Good variety of Lathes forms here to make all the body parts.

I find increasing the resolution of the model and using low intensity on the warp tools helps to reduce jaggies - but I am glad you can mix and match programs other easily.
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

I found the Bones tool but don't know how to use them. Looked for a tutorial but didn't find one. Can you point me in that direction? I've got the urge to experiment at increasing levels of complexity with Curvy! Can't fault me for that... :)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

There are some tips and a link to a video tutorial here:
viewtopic.php?t=1894
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

Thanks I'll check it out.

Now, I don't mean to imply that I can't create a suitable head model in Curvy. I just need more and more practice.

Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Lovely hair texture - what are you using for painting?